Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Housing Alternatives

I am working on my goal to post at all my blogs and Patreon tiers more... I'm trying for once a month right now, and working towards once a week in the future.  It's a long process for just me.  

This is a long-time-coming post.  :-)

I have been exploring some trailer options this week.  Someone doing small construction has passed the house where I live with a strange trailer I have never seen before.  They had a small digger on it with lots of other space, but all I saw was a TINY HOUSE PLATFORM.  :-)  

I shared that find with someone recently, and then decided to try to find out how much they cost.  What a big goal!  I assumed it would be easy to find!  So far, no success.

I did find other trailers that seem kind of useful for bigger tiny houses.  :-)  I have them in a file.  Maybe I will try to share one or more here before I go.  I found them in a search, so I have no idea if they are protected by anything like a copyright.  I am not promoting a sale, so I hope that will be OK.  If something comes up, they will disappear.  Sorry.

I hope I do find it one of these days.

My goal for my posting efforts is to collect ideas for each of the topic blogs I have for myself and WT.  (And my Patreon page.)  This is a new effort -- this week, I think.  I tend to think about things a long time before I make a commitment to do them... so I have been heading in this direction for awhile.

Now I have some pages I created to help me.  Things are moving along.

I am sharing this because I want you to know I am starting to collect web addresses, YouTube links, photos, and other housing-related items to share here.



Here are two of the photos I saved... I thought this was an interesting design for tiny living... the platform over the cab seemed like a loft space.  I don't remember how long they are, but I do recall seeing "4 cars" as the amount of vehicle these can carry.




Before I go, here's another photo I wanted to keep as a reference.  I think this is the one that most resembled the trailer I saw go down my street.

It isn't anything like it, but it is long and flat and kind of low to the ground... which were the qualities I noticed in the one I want to find again.




This all came about because I shared that I wanted to make my tiny house on one of the large truck beds.  That was long ago.  Now I want "small on a foundation" if I ever get the opportunity to make my dream home.  :-)

These are more heavy-duty trailers for the foundation of a tiny house.  This means you can do more with them and they will still be road-worthy.  I think it almost makes them like an RV.  Maybe.

I hope to share more housing ideas I have in the future.

Until next time,
In Christ,
Deborah Martin
work2gather.us
and more...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.